05 December 2007

....aaaaaaaaand introducing!



my baby sister!

she's quite pregnant, and my newly-hatched niece and/or nephew is scheduled (or not!) to arrive sometime around the Solstice. Said newly-hatched niece and/or nephew is scheduled (or not!) to arrive at home, in lieu of a hospital. pregnancy isn't a sickness, and i'm so very happy the baby will be welcomed into the world in a quiet, safe place, unlit by harsh flourescents and halogens, filled only with family and love and welcoming. i am so VERY proud of her!


she lives in Stratford-Upon-Avon, near Birmingham, England with her amazing two-tier-bus-driving husband, Mark. It's tough to get Manchester United schwag there, but she always finds some for me, anyhow.


Thanks, Karin! I enjoyed the best cup of coffee in the world (just ask D, she'll tell you) this morning *afternoon* out of my famous Man U coffee mug. I'm sending a massive blast of whatever Karma i've earned your way tonight. I love you!

1 comment:

Lizzardbits said...

I love you too, Brother!

So, yeah, I admit it, I have been "stalking" you since Mom let loose on your blog addy. I read this blog entry and I cried. :)

Did you know that I wanted Lily to be born at home? I don't think Mom and (at that time) understood how serious I was, but as I was under Mom and Dad's roof at the time, hospital it was--thankfully the little hospital that I had her in was just that--little, and unobtrusive.

Yes, if this little one decides to be born at night, the only lights will be candle lights spread around the apartment, or low lit bulbs, perhaps even plain christmas lights, nothing glaring into sensitive newborn eyes. The first hands to touch this little one will be his/her father's and my loving hands, as Mark and I are going to "catch" our baby, not the midwives (IF we even call the midwives in time).

I would love to have baby on the winter Solstice, as the 2005 summer Solstice at Stonehenge was when Mark proposed to me, but, babies come when they choose, and I am happy with that. Who knows, baby might share a birthday with Zach, or Mark and my wedding anniversary on the 29th of Dec.

I am deleriously happy with this baby and the homebirth and my wonderful husband who supports me 100%.

(Oh and I found a jackpot of Man Utd schwag for you :) Do you want some Man Utd school supplies? Ha!)

I love you so much, and thank you so much for your praises!

~Karin~