24 January 2008

a breath of fresh air.

so. i've made it official, to myself at least. i've printed a calendar for the next seven weeks and one day. i've circled a specific day... the fourteenth of march. a week beyond my six month anniversary at this little TV station in my little market.



seven weeks and one day, and i shan't want or need to commute +/- 2 hours every day to go to work. i'll get a nice job in Corvallis that i really love, and i'll give up my corporate benefits package gladly.



i see happy, smiling, green plants at the end of this tunnel. a nice, warm greenhouse. sunshine. physical exertion. i see a bunch of learning for me at the end of this here corporate tunnel.



i'm happy that it only took me six months of working here to figure out that i really don't want to work here. Thanks, ClearChannel. While I'm sure you'll do just fine without me, I remain grateful that you gave me a nice opportunity to move away and start a whole new life. I will be grateful in the future to collect a paycheck that doesn't have the same watermark that Rush Limbaugh's paycheck does.



next step: finding the perfect place, doing something that i will really love, with a smaller paycheck. and no commute. except maybe on this.

1 comment:

Zenmomma said...

YAY for you Scotty! I know the job of your dreams is just around the corner. :o)