21 January 2008

Potential energy, connection with the Ethereal, and politics.

There are approximately fifteen hundred thousand zillion (+/- 2,000) Greenhouses and plant nurseries in the Valley. One of which TFG and I visited before we went to hang with Miles for a couple of hours. Here in this randomly chosen greenhouse, the love shines out of the windows (more on this later). The lovely proprietor was a wealth of knowledge on what/when/how we could plant, and the seed company, based in the Valley, has zillions of plants which were chosen to sell in the Valley because they are meant to grow in the Valley.

i would imagine myself clamoring out the door in the morning, should i be lucky enough to work in an environment such as this.
"Gotta go! the plants await!"

a one line snippet, delivered by the super-nice proprietor in a lovingly offhand manner:
"Well, Our rule of thumb is that when the snow melts off of the top of Mary's Peak, it's safe to plant."

we couldn't have garnered that type of knowledge on our own in the time we've been here. thanks, super-nice greenhouse proprietor. Over the weekend, I made a first draft at the nature of the seeds/starter plants we would need to fulfill the map I created of the garden which hasn't been built yet. (LITN potentiality/disappointment alert!) This draft is subject to constant revision, as the line between what i want and what will happen in reality will eventually cross over. don't doubt me, dear reader. i make this crap up all of the time.

there's far too much stuff on the list. seven different kinds of organic, ready-to-grow-in-the-Valley tomatoes? Yes! we need them ALL! No. it's too much for the space we have. organic peppers, yes. but do we really need seven kinds? do we really want to grow that much stuff? potatoes. zucchini. onions. garlic. rosemary. basil. a pumpkin. I'd love to spend three hours a day in this upcoming jungle. I can see it, dear reader. i have a reasoned, sensible, and planned expectation that i will make it happen. my new family's first garden together.

...and we haven't even made the list of the flowers we'd like to grow.

But!! (and I thought of you, Jenny while i did this) i did have fun making the map. and the list. and the planning. and the plotting. and the planning of the plotting. and the imagining. and the visualizing. the making of the list and checking things off of the list. checking "making a list" off of the list. in the end, however, we still have to pick the seed/starters and prep the ground and p.h. test. call me results oriented, but nothing actually has been done yet.... no physical results of my "spend a couple of hours in the garden which probably lies in my future" time planning.

it's so difficult for me to reconcile how i'm wasting my NOW (-not actually doing anything except imagining-) by planning the upcoming WHEN which has infinite ability to disappoint because it may not happen exactly the way i imagine it!(when the loving planting/farming/sweating stuff actually gets done, and i have dirt under my nails). A certain pseudo-religion would frown and shake their fingers at me. read the first line of this page, a quote from L. Ron Hubbard, founder of yet another Live in the Now philosophy. of course, we can find a direct crossover. But that's just me- I like to cross-reference!

anyway, enough of the Live in the Now Neurosis, ....for now. no, wait.... ...NOW! :)

Dreams. another area of fruition as of late. Both TFG and TBB have been visited in theirs by a little girl named Yves. (yes, the masculine form of Yvette). I haven't seen her yet, but it sure would be nice if she showed up. i'm pretty sure i'd like her.

and, lastly, this little snippit. I am considering re-registering as an Independant voter in my new state, unaffiliated with anyone. Stuff like this reinforces the thought.

1 comment:

hahamommy said...

your Now was wisely invested in JOY JOY JOY!! I so wish you could have seen yourself... plans in which the PLAN itself brings joy ~ hello?! that's a win/win for all of us <3