10 January 2008

Unlurk Yourself!


statement/request: i have like, seven readers, dear reader. one of them is probably you. express yourself, trenchcoat or no. delurk and feel the flying freedom, feel the flapping fringe of the floating freedom which follows.
house news/request for opinion: we're saving up for the best stinkin' vacuum cleaner any of us has ever seen, much less owned. suggestions? do we drop the big cha-ching for the dyson, or will a bissell do? an oreck? i shan't tolerate a kirby, my apologies to those of you who work for them.
backstory: one of the three of us is a vacuum fetishist/playa. one of the three of us is a vacuum ignorist/Zen practitioner. one of the three of us is a vacuum terrified/shock trauma-ed "please don't vacuum! Ever!" practitioner. bonus points to those of you who can correctly identify us. Your opinions on the type/brand of our next vacuum will be weighed more heavily.

4 comments:

Zenmomma said...

::I'm in ur comments flashin' yur blog::

1. Scotty = vacuum fetishist/playa. 2. Diana = vacuum ignorist/Zen practitioner.
3. Hayden = vacuum terrified/shock trauma-ed "please don't vacuum! Ever!"
4. Kitty = uber-hairy beasty who cares little for the ways of the vacuum

Am I close?

I have an Oreck. It's okay. The lightweight feature makes me more amenable to using it once in a blue moon.

Chris said...

Hey, I'm a lurker but not totally. You already know about me.

As for the vacuum, TFG is the ignorist, you're the fetishist, and TBB is the trauma-ed?

I got myself an awesome vacuum from Sears over seven years ago and it still runs great. Kenmore brand I believe, a canister style. LOVE IT!

Schuyler said...

With a cat get a rotating brush. We got a no-bag vac with a rotating brush recently and sucked up so much cat fur that I'm surprised we weren't wheezing more before. I've looked over everyone else's shoulders for the test and I concur.

Scotty said...

Thank you, one and all :)
i believe the vacuum style has been decided. for now... (you know, right..... NOW!)
<3,-s.