26 May 2007

another in a series of moments

my parents drove in from out of state yesterday to visit my grandparents, shuttle grandkids (not mine, not yet!) and to meet their son's interesting and mysterious new girlfriend and her son. this is always a moment of some stress, is it not? will they have anything in common other than knowledge of their son?

they came bearing gifts and loud, happy, excited children. the fabulous girlfriend's boy, who i am absolutely in love with, tolerated the invasion of his space quite well, and sent my nephew, age 9, with a gift that truly imparts: a simpson's video game. such joy!

the amish baked goods are exquisite. the opportunity to sit with my parents and show them picture proof of my recent excursion to europe was wonderful. dinner at the local chinese restaurant with children oooing and aaahing over the huge koi fish in their huge tank was wonderful. the fabulous girlfriend and my old man trading dirty jokes? priceless.


No comments: