02 June 2007

autonomy

...is usually noted as the ability to direct one's self, or self-directing freedom. this is a concept that i cherish. from the emotional, to the spiritual, to the galactic. The Fabulous Girlfriend and i have had many, many discussions on concepts, situations, and share precursive opinions that we have on a myriad of subjects. yesterday's was a little different: the view of women, as a gender, through the cultural lens.

we have found a zillion subjects that we have mutual agreements on, where the same ideas and opinions ring true for the both of us. like most humans, we also find that we have differing, and indeed, polar views on some. we debated, back and forth, made our opinions known, and knowing the other's positon, set it aside. end of story. or is it?

i spent most of the day with TFG and her beautiful son, we went shopping, watched some tube, and briefly watched the Boy move through the incomprehensible universe of World of Warcraft. We laughed at the antics of the Best Rock Band in the World, and enjoyed some deli chicken and sushi. it was a great day. I went to bed early, as my schedule kind of fries me out post 2300 CDT.

and, for the second night running, i wake up alone and find TFG asleep in the living room. must be something i'm doing wrong, or my voiced opinions earlier in the day are still in effect, acting against harmony. maybe i should keep my mouth shut and nod and say "MmmHmm" whenever she espouses something i find to be the polar opposite of my own opinion. harmony through disharmony?

1 comment:

hahamommy said...

1. I will slap you if you shut up when you disagree with me.
2. You will like that just a bit less than you like debating with me.
3. We will learn to debate, really!
4. No need to take couch sleeping personally. If I'm pissed and I think you don't know, I shall remedy that very quickly.
5. I. Love. You.
6. I will always listen with the option of changing my mind. I recommend you listen to me this way, too. :)